Searching

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

When Vengeance Becomes Forgiveness


If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)  Psalm 7:4

It is characteristic to have hatred in our hearts for those that are enemies to us.  It is uncharacteristic to love our enemies in spite of the hatred. 

“Vengeance belongs to the LORD” but there are times when I wish He would allow me to be the tool that carries it out.  When vengeance turns to forgiveness we have found the key to happiness.
Forgiveness may not bring peace from the enemy but it will from GOD!  It is a mirror of the forgiveness GOD has for us.  When we mimic GOD’s forgiveness it is a delight to Him to see we are taking on His nature.

To say we don’t have the ability to forgive is the same as saying we have never been forgiven ourselves.  Forgiveness is a characteristic of GOD.  It is His nature and those that are His children will display the same!

I raged inside with a hate that hurt
Over something that was done to me.
I just couldn't forget the pain it brought
All I wanted was to have revenge you see.

But the revenge didn't work
And it was me that was hurt
Through all this hate and anger.

Then I realized not to my surprise,
If I turned my revenge to forgiveness.
The bitterness would leave and I would receive
The crown of a good witness.


Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Romans 12:19

No comments:

Post a Comment